You can update the background image used on all pages of your intranet.
Updating the background image
- Upload an image to the library where everyone will have access to it, for example:
- Recommended resolution of the image is 1200 x 800 (this is to make sure the image is not so big that it takes time to load, and also not too small to appear blurry)
- Once uploaded, click on the image, so it opens in the preview mode in your browser
- While in preview, click the [View Original] button as shown below
- Copy the browser URL of the original image
- Click [Site Contents] under [*] on the homepage
- Select [Config] from the list of apps
- Edit the item called [bg] and update its [Value] with the URL you have copied in step 5.
NOTE: If after updating the image you still see old image, it might be due to SharePoint caching. Try performing hard refresh: CTRL+F5 or equivalent on a MAC.
Removing the background image and app border / app chrome
To remove the background image, follow these steps:
- Click the [*] icon → [Site sontents]
- From the list of apps, scroll down to find the sp-chrome app and click on the ellipsis to remove it as shown below:
If you get the notification below, click the [Return to classic] button
Find the sp-chrome app again and select to remove it
Follow the confirmation prompt and the app will be removed in a few minutes
Return to your intranet page and refresh it to see the background removed
Anything unclear or doesn’t work?
Post your question or comment here