When you copy a SharePoint List to another site, if that list uses a Site content type, SharePoint currently doesn’t copy that Content Type with the list. Instead, SharePoint creates a List scoped Content Type.
This affects the Info Directory. Though Microsoft may likely fix this issue, here is a workaround you need to perform after you copy the Info Directory list.
- Navigate to the site where you copied the list to (target site) and access List Settings
- In the Content Types section, click on [Info Directory Post] content type
- Click the link titled [Delete this content type]
- Go back to the List Settings and delete the following columns from the list:
- Next, go to Site Settings of the target site and click [Site content types]
- Click [Create content type] and set it up with the following settings:
Name: Info Directory Post
Category: Custom Content Types
Parent category: List Content Types
Parent content type: Item
(see below for reference)
Click [Add site column] → [Create new site column]
Add these columns with respective types:
InfoPostAttachments: Multiple lines of text
InfoPostBody: Multiple lines of text
InfoPostTags: Multiple lines of text
InfoPostTitle: Single line of text
Navigate to the List Settings of the list you copied in step 1
Under Content Types click [Add from existing content type] and select [Info Directory Post] from the list.
You can optionally add fields you created in step 8 to the list default view