Use the Anniversaries web part to celebrate employees’ major milestones and anniversaries.
The web part will show a list of people whose anniversary is due each month and year that anniversary is coming up. You can also scroll and see upcoming and past anniversaries.
To use this web part add it to one of your narrow SharePoint sections:
When you first add the Anniversaries to the page you will see this in web part properties:
Click Create Anniversaries and watch the button change to Manage Anniversaries.
Click the Manage Anniversaries button which will open Anniversaries list.
In this list you need to provide a list of people and their anniversaries like this:
- Title: This field is mandatory by SharePoint but is not used by the web part - so you can enter anything in it
- Person: This is the AD username for each employee whose anniversaries you want to track
- Anniversary Type: is a Choice field with “Birthday” and “Work Anniversary”. You can add your own choices by going to list settings.
- Date: Is the initial date of event (for example hire date or birth date). The web part will list employees each year and month when their anniversary is due. For example, if my hire date is entered as February 1 2022, in February 2023 my name will show up in the list of anniversaries.
Save your list entries and the web part will pick them up on the next page load.
Showing multiple anniversary feeds
You may want to show “work anniversaries” in a different feed from, say “birthdays”.
To do that:
- Add a second “Anniversaries” web part on to the page.
- In the web part properties, toggle “Change Anniversaries List” to on.
- Enter the name of the list where a separate feed of anniversaries will come from as shown below
- Click Create Anniversaries button and enter items just as shown in the “Configuring anniversaries” instructions in the section above