Your Origami people directory pulls up user accounts from the SharePoint user profile.
in some cases, you might be seeing user accounts for users that are no longer with the organization.
Or, you might not be seeing some users that are part of your organization.
In ether case, you can control which users to show and which to hide
For on-prem installations, follow these steps:
- Access the SharePoint Admin site and User Profile Service
- Find the user you’d like to show or hide and open their user profile
- Find the attribute SPS-HideFromAddressLists
- Set the attribute to 0 (zero), for the user to show in the directory. Set the attribute to 1 (one) or leave blank, and the user will be hidden from the directory.
If you’re using on-prem AD synching to the cloud, follow these steps:
- Open AD management tool, on-prem
- Find the user you’d like to update the show/hide setting
- Access user properties and find msExchHideFromAddressLists
- Set this property to True to hide the user and False to show them.
Here is how you can test the search query in browser when troubleshooting:
Above, replace the “username” with a valid username in your tenant. Replace [your_tenant] with your tenant URL.