Before employees can save personalized links using the My Bookmarks app (aka Personalized Quick Links app), you need to give permissions to do so.
Here is how to do that:
- Go to portal.azure.com and log in with administrative rights
- Click on the Active Directory
- On the left panel, select App Registrations
- Under All Applications category, find the app named “SharePoint Online Client Extensibility Web Application Principal” as shown below.
- Click on the app link
- From the left panel select API Permission
- Search for a new Delegated permission " User.ReadWrite" as shown below
- Clicking the [Add Permission] button to add this permission
The result will show up in the list of permissions like this:
Finally, you will need to grant admin consent so that users are not prompted each time they load this app.
To grant admin consent:
- Select the User.ReadWrite permission you just added:
Click the [Grant admin consent … ] link as shown below
Click Yes and confirm that permission has been granted:
Give it a few minutes for this change to propagate in your tenant.