Make your homepage look modern and website-like with a full-width slider.
Setting up the web part
On the site where you need the web part:
- Access Site Pages library settings.
- Add the following columns:
2.1 NewsType [choice field]. Add 2 options to this choice field: ‘Carousel’, and ‘None’.
2.2 DisplayOrder [Number]
- Navigate to the page where you want the slider and pick it from the list:
NOTE: The slider looks best when added to the Full-Width SharePoint page section.
- Create at least one news item as shown in the sequence below [Adding a news post]
Adding a news post
- Click the [Add a news post +] button
- Enter the title of the news in the [Name your news post] section
- Provide a header image for the news.
- Add the content to the page as usual
- To show the news in the home page carousel, select Page Details in the header, as shown below:
- In the right-hand side panel, under [Properties] → [News Type] select: [Carousel]
NOTE: You must provide a Description of the [News Type] is [Carousel]
- Post the news
Changing autoplay options
You can either turn on or off the autoplay and set the autoplay speed.
To do that, access the web part properties for options:
Updating banner style
Wave at the bottom
You can also choose whether you want the banner to show a wave at the bottom or be square.
Here is the property that controls this display style