Bring your homepage to life with a website-like, full-width slider and quick links.
Setting up the web part
On the site where you need the web part:
- Access Site Pages library settings.
- Add the following columns:
2.1 NewsType [choice field]. Add 2 options to this choice field: ‘Carousel’, and ‘None’.
2.2 DisplayOrder [Number]
- Ensure you have quick links enabled on the site as described here: Home Quick Links
- Navigate to the page where you want the slider and pick it from the list:
NOTE: The slider looks best when added to the Full-Width SharePoint page section.
- Create at least one news item as shown in the sequence below [Adding a news post]
Adding a news post
- Click the [Add a news post +] button
- Enter the title of the news in the [Name your news post] section
- Provide a header image for the news.
- Add the content to the page as usual
- To show the news in the home page carousel, select Page Details in the header, as shown below:
- In the right-hand side panel, under [Properties] → [News Type] select: [Carousel]
NOTE: You must provide a Description of the [News Type] is [Featured] or [Carousel]
- Post the news
Changing the color of quick link buttons
You can change the color of the quick links by accessing the web part properties and providing HEX or RGB color.
NOTE: With RGB color you can set the transparency of the button, similar to this:
Changing autoplay options
You can either turn on or off the autoplay and set the autoplay speed.
To do that, access the web part properties for options: